Working with Facilitators
- Translating the US program schedule from English into Russian by the deadline set by American Councils.
- Establishing contacts between the delegates and the host organization before their departure for the USA, if the contact information is available.
- Accompanying delegates at every point of their journey and program, starting from Sheremetyevo-2 International Airport (Moscow) and finishing at Sheremetyevo-2 International Airport (Moscow). The facilitator registers delegatesí tickets and receives the boarding passes for the whole group. During the flights and upon return to Sheremetyevo-2, the facilitator makes sure delegates retrieve their luggage. If the luggage is lost or delayed, the facilitator completes the necessary paperwork.
- Accompanying delegates every day from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. during their stay in the US, with possible changes subject to mutual agreement of delegates and facilitators.
- Providing translation during informal meetings and cultural events. For formal meetings host organizations must provide a professional interpreter.
- Facilitating two-way communication between the Russian delegates and their American counterparts.
- Coordinating the program of the US visit with the host organization, taking into consideration delegatesí requests and hostsí resources.
- Make sure that the delegates are dressed in the appropriate manner for program events (neat and business-like).
- Taking charge of and bearing responsibility for the delegatesí papers and monies for the duration of the visit.
- Distributing survey forms among the delegates and dispatching the completed survey forms to the American Councilsí office in Washington D.C. in the specially provided envelopes.
- Providing a written report of the delegationís visit to the USA to American Councilsí offices in Washington D.C. and Moscow.
- Resolving conflicts, maintaining composure and fostering a friendly atmosphere in the group.
- Quickly finding solutions in emergency situations, making prompt decisions and informing American Councils in Washington D.C at 1-202-833-7522 or 1-800-841-7898 and the Moscow American Councils office at 7 (095) 956-78-05/06/09 of any decisions.
- Taking care of all personal issues only during personal time.
Facilitators are not responsible for:
- Solving delegatesí personal problems unless they are connected with emergency situations and/or illness.
- Accompanying delegates after 9:00 p.m. if there are no events scheduled for this time by the host organization.